El Question-o

Feb 8, 2006
Vancouver,British Columbia
What other types of fish will be able to live in a 60g tank with red-bellied pirahannas?
I've got a pleco which I am planning on putting in there and I think it'll survive? anything else anyone with any suggestions?

I heard mabe Paku's?

Feb 8, 2006
Well I'm glad for all the help, so now all I need for my pirhannas in my tank is some steak lol........

i don't know how that steak is going to swim maybe I can make some plastic fins and what not for it.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh well.. I love watching those motionless mothers just sitting in there ayways..

One more day and I will get another 5 pirahannees? is that plural for priahannas? lol....

ANYWHOODLE....

Now I have a 25 g tank that I must fill with other organisms? any suggestions?

Feb 8, 2006
Ha ha ha no I'm fien with 'peaceful' fish, given I do enjoy watching my pirahannas eat, but it doesn't have to be 'live' I mean I guess i must make up for my lake of masculinity someway.... (uh that was sarcastic and a joke folks lol)

But Ya I'm wondering what to do with the 25g tank.... Hmm maybe i'll just get my gf to pick out some fish she may enjoy and put those fish in there instead.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
lol its not about me being disappointed...just I think you'll get more responses on it elsewhere and I dont have anything to add on the predator front... :) Feel free to make a new thread in the freshwater beginner section.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
No...not that big of a deal really. She was just saying that you could get a lot more opinions on what to do with the other tank if you were to post it on one of the more frequently checked forums under the general section. Just being helpfull is all.

I don't know the first thing about pirahanna's, but I do know that I've seen several setups with them. Most of them being around 120 gallons. But they had over 12 in them. So maybe you'll want to add more? Would be a good excuse to upgrade to a bigger tank.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
If you're serious about your piranhas' health, then you should set up some kind of feeder breeding in the other tank (or set up another tank for breeding them). Feeders from the store are often weak and sick, can bring disease to your fish and aren't nutritious because they're in general poor health. Something like guppies breed easily and would be better for your piranhas than feeders from the store.