Eheim Pro II Thermofilter 2126

I'm going to be setting up a 75 gallon aquarium in a month or so, and I am curious about the Eheim Pro II Thermofilter 2126.  It has a 180 Watt Heater built into it to keep the heater out of the tank (yeah, I'm trying to minimize equipment clutter).  I know that usually this is not enough wattage for a tank of that size, however, since it is placed in the filter, there's probably much less heat loss in there.  Anyone got one, or heard wether or not you need a supplemental heater to go with it?

Just wondering. 8)

Ovrclckd

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I have something similar, I have the 2229 wet/dry, I wasn't overly impressed by the thermofilter, and it says for freshwater use only (I only run marine tanks now :)). The wattage is more than adequate, as long as your house doesn't get really really cold. 5 watts per gallon rule is generally used on smaller tanks, 3 watts a gallon is about what your looking for on a 75 gallon. You'll have ~2.5, you'll be fine. what I do tho is I bought a seperate 300 watt heater, w/digital control and temp probe on my new 90. I hide the heater up against the top lip.
at the back.