Easy View Thermometer 1.5 not working

Oct 22, 2002
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? >:(
i have got a Easy View Thermometer 1.5 inch which u stick it outside the fish tank surface... is it ezly to be broken? i mean. not working??? becoz mine SEEMz like it is not working very well... i dunno, not sure tho. since its summer.. n kinda hothot here... my tank temperature is 82F which is VERY HOT for my beloved :-* tiger barbs. so i added some cool water in. but the temper is still 82F... i even switch of the light. but it is still 82F... but my fish seem happy after i added water ( they swim around )  but when i stick that thermommenter on a icy surface, the "rainbow line" dropz down very fast.
and what should i do when the temp. gets tooo hot? add in ice? cold water??? n what temp. is the best for sunset platy?

R

ronrca

Do you have a "normal" or regular thermometer? If you dont have one, you should get one so you get check and double check the temp. I have 3 thermo. and sometimes I do double check the temp if I think it looks funny! Personaly, I dont like the Easy View ones or any other forms of a thermo. Id rather stick to the regular thermometers.