Earthworms as food for BGK

lordroad

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Shelby, NC
www.joshday.com
Hi.

Just bought some earthworms from a baitshop and fed a little one to my brand new black ghost knife fish. I cleaned off the worm with tap water, then dropped him into the cave for the BGK...

He gobbled it up just fine, but I was talking to my dad at the time and he said something about purging earthrowms to get rid of their bacteria before putting them into the tank. Is this necessary, and if so, what does it entail?

Also, should I keep the cup of earthworms in my fridge, and how long do they last?

lordroad

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Shelby, NC
www.joshday.com
Ok, no takers.

I read about everything I could find on the forum about these guys, and I looked up a lot on the internet. From what I read they have ravenous appetites and need live or frozen food. I've seen mine going after pellets and flakes that sink to the bottom.

Had him for three days and I've fed him three pieces of live earthworms. I don't want to overfeed but I'm afraid he'll go after the other fish in the tank.

I think this guy is the neatest thing. I'm so glad I bought him.

R0UNDEYEZ

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
purging earthrowms to get rid of their bacteria before putting them into the tank. Is this necessary, and if so, what does it entail?
I would actually like to know what it entails as well if someone would like to share the process involved..