Dying Ghost Shrimp?

iapetus

Large Fish
Jan 15, 2008
34:09:39N, 118:08:19W
There are many species sold as ghost shrimp. Some are brackish, some need colder water. I don't personally know any way of telling one from another, and have no idea how many species there are that are commonly sold as "ghost shrimp."
Hmm ... that's a good point. I believe that all of my "ghost shrimp" are the same species (they come from the same store and all look the same), but maybe they're not. Some of them seem to do very well; others not so well. I'd feel a lot worse about it if I thought there was something that I was doing that is obviously wrong.

iapetus

Large Fish
Jan 15, 2008
Please don't take my answer as definitive, but I don't think it'd be a problem for them. If there were any communicable disease that the fish could have caught, they were already exposed. But, I don't know of any diseases to which fish and invertebrates are both prone.

Besides, as you mentioned, they've already eaten half of the shrimp. Pulling out the rest of the body now won't do much.

iapetus

Large Fish
Jan 15, 2008
See ishar's post in your other thread, Dynamiteluver_15. I think he's right about removing the shrimp. I still don't think your fish will suffer any problems from having nibbled on the carcass (at least not any problems to which they weren't already exposed), but the carcass shouldn't be left in the tank.