Dried Banana Leaves For Sale

block2

Small Fish
Aug 30, 2008
Thailand
www.bettawan.com
Hi All,

My name is Jeffrey and my wife's name is Wan, we are based in Nakhon Sawan Province in Thailand. We have always used dryed Banana Leaf as well as Indian Almond Leaves for conditioning and care of our Bettas. They increase fertility, health, and vigour, aid in the recovery of diseased/damaged fish.

These leaves are also ideal for gouramis, tetras, arrowana’s, discus, South American dwarf cichlids, corys, plecos, some rasboras and some cat-fishes.

Our Dried Banana Leaf prices are as follows :

1 x 250g : $25
1 x 500g : $48
1 x 1 Kilo : $90

All prices include postage via airmail from Thailand 10 - 14 working days. If anybody is interested please PM me or email me at block-2@hotmail.com

Bit of info regarding Dried Banana Leaves :

Successfully used in Asia for many years, the leaves of the banana plant (Musa sp. var. sapientum) have long been used by successful ornamental fish breeders, in the same way as indian almond leaves (Terminalia Catappa) to prevent and treat diseases such as for example :

Bite injuries, Fungal diseases, Head and lateral line erosion in cichlids, Fin rot, Ectoparasites, Damage to mucous membranes.

In particular, Breeders of Siamese fighting fish, swear by banana leaves and use these with even greater success than indian almond leaves. The coloration of the fish is greatly improved and thay have very positive effects on the fishes' readiness to spawn (especially in Betta Splendens such as Half Moon, Plakat etc.).

The fact that banana leaves are not so very well known may also be due to the leaves not being widely available. Our banana leaves are harvested and treated just as carefully as our indian almond leaves. We have several trees that grow on our land, they are free of pesticides and harmful bacteria. Our Dried Banana Leaf comes in 9" strips.

Add 1-2 strips of leaf per fish to the water, for general prevention of disease, to improve the colour and to promote well-being.

Add one strip of leaf per 3 - 5 l to the water, for intensive treatment of disease or to promote readiness for spawning.

The leaves will absorb water for 2 - 3 days (you can speed this process up by pushing the leaves under the water) slowly transmitting their active constituents to the aquarium water over a period of 1 - 2 weeks. The leaves can then be taking out and replaced with new leaves. Just the same as indian almond leaves, they are devoured with gusto by plecostomus and crustaceans.