does my molly have a worm near its fin?

May 17, 2011
Hello all. I have a black molly that I originally suspected to have ick. What I thought was ick has evolved into a "worm"-like thing seems to be attached near its right fin. Near its left fin there is a pronounced white dot as well. I also see a white dot on his head. He is acting fairly normally, eating and what not. I have a youtube video of him swimming around in the hospital tank I put him in. Keep in mind the "worm" like thing is about 3/4 of a centimeter long. Thanks !!

I want to avoid putting meds in his tank before I have more information

YouTube - black molly

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
How big is the QT?? You should add a tablespoon of Aquarium Salt per 5 gallons, crank the heat up to 84-86F and you can do this to treat it or, best, the whole tank. Fluke treatment is carried out using potassium permanganate. You can either bathe the sick fish in a potassium permanganate solution (10mg per litre water) for about 20-30 minutes or treat the entire holding tank.

Fluke treatment is carried out using potassium permanganate. You can either bathe the sick fish in a potassium permanganate solution (10mg per litre water) for about 20-30 minutes or treat the entire holding tank. Treating the entire tank will help make sure that you kill all flukes and help you avoid a new fluke problem, but it will be a little messy as potassium permanganate will color the water in the aquarium. Despite this I recommend the later option as it is safer and doesn't involving catching the sick fish and subjecting it to extra stress, and because it helps make sure that all flukes are eradicated.