diy stand

Apr 27, 2009
well ok i have a 125 gallon fishtank and i wanted some good ideas on a cheap stand i can make that will hold it. i donr have very much money so the cheaper the better. ive been told tha cinder blocks and a sheet of plywood would work. any help would be good thanks

d3sc3n7

Superstar Fish
Nov 21, 2007
Ft. Campbell, Ky
www.d3sc3n7.com
Well yes, cinder blocks and plywood will hold the tank. But, is that the way you really want your tank displayed? If you want a DIY stand...get some measurements from your tanks base. Then go to your local Lowes/Home depot/etc. Speak to them about it, give them the measurements. let them know what you want to do.

They can do everything you need. Make the cuts for you, whatever you want. Going this route, you can use custom doors, color, everything. Yes, its going to be more expensive than putting your tank up on blocks...but I'd bet you will be happier with it.

Apr 27, 2009
thanks. ya my money is tight and i broke my hand like two weeks ago so most of my money is going to that. but i just moved and i didnt wanna bring the tank over here until i had a stand for it. any more suggestions would be great