• Rams

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Depends on what you want. Barebottom? All of those choices could work, however if you were going to have angels, I would have some that are substantially smaller than the discus, as discus are not as aggressive feeders.

Daniel

AndyL

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Calgary AB
Well, mine have been kept with all the above, I voted for rams, as I much prefer rams to the others... But it does become a cichlid aggression issue when the rams spawn (not if - its pretty much a given). Luckily the rams aren't near as damage inducing as angels...

Andy

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
How big a tank. Tetras, L numbers, some apistos, uaru, stingrays and smaller gymnotids like black ghosts all make for good displays.
I've kept mine with angels (shock) , tetras, apistos, black knifes (gasp) and horror of horrors other cichlids! Geophagus, acarichthys !

I'm sure if you really want to breed discus it makes sense to go bare bottom and discus only, but I really don't believe they're as fragile as people make out. The most stunning displays I've seen have been big tanks with big shoals (10+) - then they're not shy and not unaggressive.
Rams for me are right out as they are NOT biotope correct at all.