Digi Camera Suggestions?

Oct 22, 2002
Bend, OR
www.zealotron.com
I've been borrowing a friend's Olympus C-4000, and got some decent results shooting my tank and fish, but I was wondering if anyone knew of some excellent camera for aquarium photography under $500.

I guess I'm looking for one with a highly adjustable shutter speed, good depth of field and possibly an external flash?

Thanks,

-mike

davros

Medium Fish
Mar 10, 2003
Oklahoma City
Visit site
I have a Nikon CoolPix 950, its predecessor. It has an excellent overall image quality. Very good color, but reds are slightly oversaturated. It will control an external speedlight but it can be difficult, but not impossible to get a very narrow depth of field if thats what your after. I highly reccomend this camera.

dgodwin

Large Fish
Dec 2, 2002
Buffalo, NY
www.dgodwin.com
I have the 995, and I like it a lot. The main difference was flash location. On the 990, the flash is right next to the lens. They moved it up onto the camera on the 995. The 990 has been discontinued and replaced (2x) so I hope you are getting a good deal on one. If you are willing to deal with a rebate, you can get the current version (4500) for $450 after a $200 Mail in Rebate at http://www.bhphoto.com