die snails die

Kristin

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
don't get a clown loach in my opinion unless you have a large tank for it or another home for it to go to- they get BIG. cories, which stay relatively small, really like snails. also, you can get an invertebrate killer. it is usually a fluke medication, but it will kill snails- worked for me! it will not shock or even bother fish as long as they have bones, and most do, so it's a good cure (LoL I'm a dork)

Oct 22, 2002
:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :p
sorry!! haven't check this messageboard for a while!!! ( i was havin finalz  :-X )
oh... i dunno if thats proteins... o wellz, i have bought a "magnetic aquarium cleaner" for the "white dots" but... still curious, if snails work well for cleaning the tank surface?

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
tinylittledice....if it is on the glass..it could be planaria.

Kristen.......I had 10 corys in this tank..and they must be lazy too..cause they weren't touching them.

I would never use a snail killer or anything to get rid of them, except a loach eatting them, or me picking them out.

Malasian snails(spiral pointed ones) are good for moving the substrate around, but they multiplied in my tanks years ago, so I dont like them either.

If you do weekly water changes, and vaccuum, you really dont need them in there, unless it is just to have.

The reason my yo-yo wasn't doing his job, was they were breeding under my UGF. I took that out, and saw all the snails and eggs.