diamond shaped tank

AquaPsycho

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
ok so I decided that I liked the shape of a cross between a corner tank and a hex tank eheh. Im waiting for a quote on the tank and I didnt even figure out how many gallons it was going to be but the dimensions of the corner pieces are 30 inches the next angled pieces are going to be 10 inches and i dont know how long the front piece is but it is whatever connects the two. The tank will be 28 inches high.

So I decided to give this place another try. I ordered my custom made tank and stand for my turtle. The tank was great although the trim was the wrong color. But I hate the stand. I ended up accepting the stand because the tank had been sitting on my kitchen table for 3 weeks and I was told it was going to be another 8 weeks to get the one I wanted. (plus another $150).

I never really looked at their fish before since I was P.O.ed after the whole turtle stand thing. But I looked around yesterday and they have some GREAT fish and GREAT prices! (which is weird because everything else in there is way overpriced) The clown loaches were actually cheaper there than at petsmart.

So anyway back to the important stuff. I liked the electric blue chiclids they were like $5 or so. The guy said you cant really sex them when they are small but the large ones are fairly expensive. So with the size of the tank described above how many should I have in there. I dont want them to be crowded at full size because I dont plan on buying a larger tank for them. They also had bumblebee chiclids that were cool but I really liked the electric blue ones!

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
If I remeber correctly, you are kinda limited on space for a longer tank , correct?

I think like one of those vivaquarium setups would be cool. I just threw out my river-tank setup, too bad, I could have scraped it off the glass and sent it to ya.

Get a fogger too, I have one, and they are awesome. ;)

AquaPsycho

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
well i am kinda trying to figure out what size tank will fit. If it was a corner type it would fit somewhere much easier. But I havent got the quote yet and after looking at some corner tanks at another fish store yesterday I am scared to hear the price. I dont think I want to spend any more than $200 just on the tank. I would also then have to build the stand and canopy and put in the lighting. Then I need to buy a canister filter for it so that is really getting up there money wise. What is a vivaquarium??

If this tank is going to be really expensive I think I will move some furnature around and then measure the longest I can have and then just get one that is a little wider than a standard tank. Hopefully that will cut down on the price. What I cant understand is why a corner tank is more expensive than a bowed front tank. It seems to me that it would be a lot harder to curve a piece of glass like that then do what I am asking where all the glass pieces are actually straight and not curved but I will have to wait and see.
Oh I also live on the second floor so Im kinda worried about the weight. But that really shouldnt matter because our floors are cement and I live in the old army housing (but its nice! 1200 sq ft w/ garage and balcony!)

What is the smallest tank I could have a pair of electric blue or bumblebee chicilds in? I mean even after they get full grown?

p.s. I just noticed I keep spelling cichlid wrong! eheh sorry

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
It is a small device that has a laser, that seperates (splits) the atoms in the water..producing an awesome fog.

That is what I was told...but it works great. I used it in my River tank setup.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Barb that fogger doesn't stress the fish out? I would think it would. I have never even seen one of these but they sound neat. Does it make your water like permanently foggy or do you lose the fog when you turn it off? How much would I pay for one of these things? Just wondering. ::) ;D