CPR Bak Pak

Oct 22, 2002
Beautiful Alaska!!
I am soon going to set up a reef tank, and i intend to use one of these skimmers. But I am wondering about what is the difference between the model with the bio balls and the one without. Is there any advantages in getting the one specifically for the reef, or is it the same thing  as the other one? If any of that made any sense, give me your opinion! *twirlysmiley*

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
All the bakpak users throw away the bioballs.  The bioballs are a potential source of nitrates.

By the one that says 2R.  It's set for a reef.
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=CPR-2R&Category_Code=Bakpak

Also, might consider getting a preskimmer box to cut down on microbubbles.

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
REEF READY!  

CPR is proud to introduce the hang-on skimmer that all reefkeepers have been waiting for, the Cyclone Bak-Pak 2R. This new skimmer is designed for use on reef tanks where biological filtration is not necessary, but still incorporates all of the other features that have made the Bak-Pak line of skimmers so popular.  

New "Tri Chamber" design of the Bak-Pak 2R takes the place of the biological section, and when combined with a new and improved outlet design, provides an effective way to reduce bubbles caused by system imbalances.  

Incorporates CPR's proven high performance rejuvenation protein skimmer.  
No need to purchase an overflow or return pump, the Bak-Pak 2R simply hangs on the back of your tank.  
Use on tanks utilizing the Berlin or Jaubert Method, where supplemental biological filtration is not desired.  
Easy to setup, easy to use, easy to clean.  
For tanks up to 60 gallons. For larger tanks use additional Bak-Paks.