Cobweb/algae

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I have a 60 gallon tank I just set up for about 2 months.  It has only one arrowana which is like 5 inches.  I just introduced some live plants into the aquarium like 2 weeks ago and noticed a peculiar algae.  It is like white/clear "spider" cobwebs entangling some plants and also my driftwood.  I can't really get any algae eaters because I think my arrowana will eat it up.  So far the algae or whatever it is is not spreading too much because I do weekly water changes but is there anything I can do about this stuff or is a little ok?  I have a Yeast DIY CO2 reactor with ph around 6.8.  I have like 3 large swords, 15 bunches of valls and some ferns, 5 bunches of elodea, and couple of fern plants.

D

discusaquarium

i have had this too, i think it was some kind of fungus..try doing some water changes, that's what worked for me. it could have come in from the plants. im not positive..someone else please give this guy some different opinions 8)
joe

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I think you maybe right because I took out my driftwood today and the white stuff on the driftwood feels almost like slime.  I guess I am going to try to bleach some plants and or driftwood to see what happens.

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Thanks guys, I think you were right about this fungus all along because, I just realized this fungus started growing when I placed in a new piece of driftwood that wasn't fully boiled.