Clown Knifefish

Managuense

Superstar Fish
May 16, 2003
Springfield, MO
you are keeping a large fish that grows to 3 ft. in length.

once again, you need a larger tank for this type of fish....and i mean a HUGE tank.

i am honestly not trying to sound so negative, but you simply cannot keep a clown knife in a 32 gallon.

KimandRob

Large Fish
Aug 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Visit site
Yeah, We started him out in our 20 gallon with some other fish, he was tiny, Then he started to grow and eat. So we put him in a 32 gallon hex that my dad gave me. He's a foot or so now, If he get's too big we might have to donate him to a fish store or something.

Managuense

Superstar Fish
May 16, 2003
Springfield, MO
He's a foot or so now, If he get's too big we might have to donate him to a fish store or something.
you still are not getting the point.....

there is no "if" - he is already too large for your tank.

a typical 30 gallon (32 im not TOO sure about) is not even 12 inches wide, therefore making it difficult for the fish to turn itself around.

when he approaches 36" (and they DO, i have seen many) he will literally be "THE" size of your tank.......

KimandRob

Large Fish
Aug 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Visit site
Originally posted by Managuense
you still are not getting the point.....

there is no "if" - he is already too large for your tank.

a typical 30 gallon (32 im not TOO sure about) is not even 12 inches wide, therefore making it difficult for the fish to turn itself around.

when he approaches 36" (and they DO, i have seen many) he will literally be "THE" size of your tank.......
Dude ok, I'm very sick of your negative comments. This is for people to talk about thier tanks and chat about the different fish they have. Not for someone like you who thinks they're a genius who can criticize every post in here. I know he will outgrow the tank and I said that already.

Managuense

Superstar Fish
May 16, 2003
Springfield, MO
saying and doing are 2 different things.

EVERYONE says they will get a larger tank.....

EVERYONE says that they will donate their monster pacu or knife or arrowana to a LFS or a zoo or some sort, but that is easier said than done, as most LFS's and zoo's etc. are already loaded with these types of animals......

Managuense

Superstar Fish
May 16, 2003
Springfield, MO
Dude ok, I'm very sick of your negative comments. This is for people to talk about thier tanks and chat about the different fish they have.
i agree..

this site is also for the ADVANCEMENT of the hobby, and as such their exists an innate responsibility to provide the best advice possible to other members.

why would i tell you what you want to hear only?

while i may be one of the few here who will openly offer blunt advice, i am not the only one who THINKS it.

i am not a member of staff, so i in no way have to "set" the example......and while i may come off as a jerk sometimes, so be it.

i have not used profane language, nor have i personally attacked you in any way.

i am not overly concerned with your personal opinions of me.

KimandRob

Large Fish
Aug 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Visit site
Gene, thank you for your "expert" advice, though we never asked for it. I can understand that you are adament about fish having room...very adament. Now if you could be more positive about your posts I am sure we and other fish ENTHUSIASTS would appreciate it. We are very, very happy with all of our tanks and quanity/quality. But I know that if we EVER have a problem you are the guy to come to. Again thank you for you information. Please let this be the end of the insulting. Oh, and so you know our fish are family and so by insulting our ability to care for them, you are ATTACKING us. Thank you.
Kim and Rob

Aug 23, 2003
Granada Hills, Ca.
okay listen, if your fish is already a foot then you already need like a 100 gal or a tank that allows it swim freely. do you like watching that fish swim in a circle? give it away to a more able person.

everything mana said is true and i completely agree with him and the whole board probably agrees with him. in fact, you are the rude one here.