clamp light

Jul 18, 2011
underwater
Hello, I wanted to do a high light tank for my 20G long but I can't afford those expensive T5 HO monsters. I think many people use multiple clamp lights found at Lowes, Home Depot, etc. With CFLs, and I want to know:
-Is this the cheapest way to make a high light tank?
-How can I set up these clamp light in the safest way possible (my mom is a huge worrywort)?
-I heard the WPG rule only applies to tanks 20-90 gallons. If so, I would need 4 WPG (80w) to create a high light tank. If i had 4 clamp lights with 4 23w spiral cfls (92w), would that be sufficient?

Thanks!

Feb 22, 2012
australia
afternoon flame tetra....be careful using lights that a not designed for aquariums as they have a lot of open live connections and the clamp lights are not really suitable especially with the way you would needed to fit them to the tank... the trick to highlighting a tank is to use mirrors on the ends on the tank or aluminium foil with a dark background... you could also put a small blaket the length of the lid (front half) and try darkening the room that the tank is in with some heavy curtains... hope its a help.. climbingperch.