Can i??

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Well, I mean you could, but it isn't going to replace regular water changes. It will still have nitrates which will need to be removed. Also since minerals have been removed, you will need to replenish them. Filtering will not replace regular water changes.

Daniel

Redribbon

Small Fish
Jul 16, 2004
Winter Olympic 2002
Visit site
yah! you guy were right .I read some other ,sand could not filter the disolve elements in water including the waste of discus ....so! sad ,the sand filter water is not 100% clean...I have to do the water change any way ..BUT my water is so cloudy after few feed to discus ,if i do 50/50 .The water is still dirty almost the same .I alway did 100% water change to get clear water and this way distroy old water tank's benefit.Dannnnn
Do we have any kind of food beside beef heart and teras color bits wouldn't cloud the water so bad???

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
What kind of filtration do you have?
Did you cycle it? This could be why it is so cloudy all the time. How long has it been set up? How many fish? Barebottom?

Beefheart tends to foul water quickly if it is left in the tank uneaten. You should siphon up beefheart if it is not eaten in 10-15 minutes. Alternative foods that would keep the tank cleaner would be CBWS and frozen bloodworms. These tend to not foul the water as quickly.

Daniel

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2003
TN, India.
aquatrix.tripod.com
Evn then if ur prob persists just reduce the no. of feeding times and the quantity. If my fish doesn't eat immediately within 2-3 mins of feeding, I'd starve them for a day & the next day they'd get to finish it off within a few mins.
If u think beef heart fouls then i'd recommend freeze dried blood worms until ur confident wth ur water quality.

Redribbon

Small Fish
Jul 16, 2004
Winter Olympic 2002
Visit site
I had magnum 250 canister with bio filter ,been set up for 3 yrs from last fish...why the water circle cloud the water ??Evry day i change the water 100%,i also clean the filter and all .The BB tank now has only 2 discus left,all other got sick by fighting ,too much chemical ,stress and die .
So far ,
Frozen blood worm is the best for me now ,it didn't cloud water so bad but if I feed fish so many time a day ,the food left will cause the cloudy to the water ...By the way ,FISH BOY!!!what is the CBWS mean anyway?? Tomorrow is my last day to have DSL internet,too many $$ spend on the discus ,and dead fishes ,you know .I hope to find the way to get back to dial up later on.I hate dial up so bad ,it block the fone line.See you guy in a while

Last edited:

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Just once you feed, after about 15 minutes, take out the uneaten food. It will make the water less cloudy.

CBW'S are California black worms. Excellent live food sources for discus, and will not foul the water as they stay alive until eaten. Dan also has great rates for his CBW's.

www.blackworms-are-here.com

Daniel