breeding feeders

adamj

Large Fish
Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Hey guys... I'm looking for a type of live bearer to breed in a quality planted ten gallon. I've been thinking about regular "feeder" guppies and many other kinds. My main concern is probly that the parents do not consume the fry. I've no other tank to separate them in... At the moment *crazysmil*

So any suggestions guys?

Thx in advance :)

You'r goign to feed the babies to other fish? seems mean to me, LOL...

I guess you could do any livebearer, as long as the tank is well planted it shouldn't be that bad

I know feeder guppies do carry many diseases it brought 2 different parasites into my 20 gallon still fighting the diseases!!!

I was also thinking that you could buy some white cloud Minnows i heard they are easy to breed!! They are egg scaterers and they don't eat there own babies, which is a plus!!

lizwinz

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Racine, WI
r u trying to breed fish to use as feeders?

rosy reds arent livebearers but they breed like crazy if you give them caves

they also fan their eggs and practice some fry care so they are less likely to eat their babies

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/rosies.htm

if your really set on getting livebearers just pick up a breeding trap or two, depending on size they cost $4-$10 (around here anyway)

--liz:)

adamj

Large Fish
Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
ha! good point... looks like live bearers are out as well as breeding traps. i think the rosey reds sound good. I'd feel WAY! too bad breeding the white cloud's and feeding them hehe