bottom feeders that wont get eaten

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
I was wondering the same thing but for tiger barbs and a rainbow shark, I was referred to hoplo cats, not sure how big your knife is though, so not sure if that would work. I don't know mych about knifes, but would some snails make it? I'd tend to think a common pleco would hold his own, depending on how big your tank is. (which I am assuming is pretty large or soon to be upgraded wiht a clown kinfe)

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
LOL so go with a common, much cheaper and has a good chance of making it out OK. LOL

I know what you mean, I was really hoping for some fish cleaners in my mom's 29, but snail seemed to be the only thing suitable that would withstand the tiger barbs and shark.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Right. I E-mailed someone about some really big tanks and we're thinking about moving to a house (instead of a trailer, half because I want a place for these tanks LOL) so I might actually get to have a big ole common plec and probably a catfish community with who knows what else. :) That is IF I get these tanks and they are being given away for free, so I am sure I am only one of the 800 or so that's trying for them LOL. These monsters are 6' and 8' long and 3.5 or so tall! LOL With all accessories and holding water well.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
LO I would if we could afford to, but we can't afford much of anything and we're house hunting right now, right now I don't have a place to put tanks that big and my floors definitly can't handle them full! LOL

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Thanks, I know how you feel, I just moved out of my parents house in October, got married in December, just not cut out for a trailer with 50+ pets and all the crap we have, no room, and I am DEATHLY afraid of tornados and one went by the other day... time to move! LOL And, I need more space for our tanks! :) LOL There are tons of other reasons, another big one being my dogs need a yard. We thought they would be OK here being only medium dogs, but they just sleep all day and they need to get out and play! :p

We moved 2 houses down when I was 7 and I threw a fit, with my maind debate being "I won't be able to find the bathroom at night!" LOL. This is only my second move ever, and I am glad to be looking at my 3rd! LOL

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/loricari/baryanci/154_F.PHP
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/loricari/baryanci/153_F.PHP
http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/loricari/baryanci/155_F.PHP

Yahoo, research research research my young friend. If you really want one, study them to the point you can properly ID them when you see one. The one that gets BIG should be ok with your clown, wile the one that stays small would end up lunch. I'm not sure how large the 3rd one I linked you too is, but there is also at least one other species i have seen that isn't listed on their site that also gets huge. It's got more of a finer spot patterning to it then these do.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
yahoofishkeeper said:
that would be bad if you couldnt find the bathroom! i hope you win the lottery! that would be awesome. then you could buy a house... a big house.
LOL I really like you! Win the lottery, I doubt it, neither of us seem to have any luck, although my husband is going to try to get on Deal or No Deal on NBC, hopefully do OK and at least pay up some bills LOL.

LOL we watch that show all the time.

next time i go to petsmart, im going to ask for the specific "L" number. or species name... or some positive way of identifying the type of gold nugget.

you guys also save my @$$ in biology all the time. today he asked, what are 2 reasons why its better to know a particular species binomial nomenclature (sp?)? i answered, because lots of species are known by one common name. like squirrels, even though there are many types, a squirrel is a squirrel to us. and the second reason is, because a common name might change with the language, like dog, or perro. it goes by a different name in spanish. but if you say, Canis familiaris in any language it still means domesticated dog. needless to say, i got my participation points for the day :)

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
That's awesome, I wish I was more into the internet when I was in school, such a help! LOL I didn't get to use the internet for school related things untill my senior year, LOL. And then I only really used it on one assignment, I had to pick 5 people, living or dead, that I admired and write a short bio on them and why I admired them. It was quite fun actually. :)