bloated pleco

Acepat

New Fish
Feb 5, 2010
WI
hi, i just bought two plecos from pet smart last weekend, one common one albino chocolate, both are about 3 in. (i couldn't pass them up since they were only a dollar.) i put them both in with my 20 gal convict/parrot cichlids for one night until i could take them to one of my tanks at school.

any ways the next morning i noticed that the albino had a HUGE stomach. it could barely latch on to the tank and it just sat in the corner half floating half latched on the wall.

i took the other common pleco to school and hes doing great. but i moved the albino out of the convict/parrot tank and into my 29 gal guppy tank. he did not appear beat at all by the parrots, but i moved him just in case. i have two other plecos, one clown and one rubbernose in the guppy tank, both about 3 inches.

hes been in their ever since and hes still alive but his condition is still the same. should i still just wait? should i quarantine him so the other plecos wont get sick? i tried to research it online and other people had the same problem, but they did not know what it was.

any help would be nice thanks.