Black Moor

Sep 10, 2004
Texas
Visit site
Hi. We have one black moor in a 10 gal tank. The past few weeks he floats vertically, next to the filter and moving only one fin. He stays there unless we are next to the aquarium. He seems to swim fine when we are near the aquarium but the moment we leave, he is back in the corner in the vertical position. Is he dying? He does eat. Before he started this weird behavior, he was swimming on his back and seemed to have problems turning himself right side up to swim normally. We thought he was dying then but appears to be okay. Water temperatures is okay, tank is clean, filters fine etc. Any information will be most be appreciated. Thanks.

Maybe he just has weird charateristics (sp?)? All fish swim differently... And i've heard a filter is a common place for fish to chill out.
If he is eating fine, has no marks on him (as in checking for ick, etc,), seems healthy, and the tank is in tip-top condition he should be fine... you just picked a weird fish! :D (Don't worry.. i love fish with weird little habbits!)

If he seems healthy - i doubt he is dying.. i really wouldn't worry about it, just make sure he eats, check his scales, make sure his glowing and he'll be fine! (oh - and, i don't know if his on his own or not, but if he isn't.. make sure the other fish aren't picking on him.. In fact, if he isn't alone, what other fish is he with???)

PS: I happen to love Black Moors, they're great fish! :)

PSS: Here's a little website (below) that'll help you incase something occurs on your fish, it has a list of diseases, etc, that are common for goldfish, and any other fish at that. Good luck.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/disease.html

JNevaril

Large Fish
Jul 10, 2005
Lincoln, Nebraska
I don't think you can cure swim bladder.....

You can suspend feeding for a few days, or try a shelled cooked green pea...but it probably is too late.

Although, I had a Ryukin live with SBD for 4 years......he ate well, and tried to swim when he could........felt bad when he died...