bicher

Mar 30, 2003
california
Visit site
okay... i bought a bicher from my local aquarium shop and i was wondering if any of you kids knew anything about this type of fish. he's a pig. he ate five zebra danios and two ghost shrimp in one night.

any information will help. thanks.

Oct 22, 2002
St.Louis
HAHA....you arent going to like what i have to share. First, the bichers will get about 18-20 inches long, but it takes them a while. And obviously, you know nothing about them. Which is a bad thing in general. they are very predatory fish, and need to be feed heartily, and they will eat just about anything they can get part of their mouth on. So, it will probably eat just about everything else in your tank if he hasnt already.

MORPHEUS

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
wales
hey i got a senegal bichir and he is a beast but hes really cool and quite a character.but if you have any small fish in with yours he will eat them,no matter how much you feed him, its in their nature they are predators after all.but i love mine.

MORPHEUS

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
wales
my bichir has a real nasty streak he attacks everything in my tank even my fresh water barracuda and my irridescent sharks and he ripped one of my corrries fins off but i still love him all the same