Bettas and corys

caveman

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Mission Viejo, CA
I had a male betta in a 10gallon along with 3 female bettas, 2 dwarf gouramis and 3 corys, and had no problems.  This situation could be case sensetive however, I have had bettas that were completely mellow and were no problems in community tanks, and other bettas with an eternal chip on their shoulder, who wold attack anything and everything in the tank with it.  Most likely though, I think you could probably house bettas and corys together without any unfortunate incidents.
Caveman

Jeni

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.geocites.com
I have a male betta in a 10g with 2 large bronze, a small bronze and 2 small peppered cories, and all is peachie keen.  And Indigo(the betta) hates all other fish, but his little cory friends.

lizwinz

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Racine, WI
bettas and cories should be fine together but cories should be kept at least in a group of 4 but 6 would be better for them

they will be more active and probably be healthier if you keep them  happy...do you still have only a 5 gallon?  if so you might want to wait till you can get a bigger tank to have cories

1--3" betta & 6--1.5" panda cories is 12" inches of fish in a 5 gal  thats like over twice as much as the 1" of fish per gallon rule  *crazysmiley*

caveman

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Mission Viejo, CA
Yeah, a betta and frog should get along well.  If you want a bottome feeder you could always go the non-fish route also.  You could try a crab or some shrimp, they will keep your tank floor nice and pretty.

FishQueen

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
hmm, yea i could do that... i've already got a lo of snails, well, i had just one, then it layed eggs all over the tank and they've started to hatch.. :)

caveman

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Mission Viejo, CA
That should work, or you could always go with one male betta and a bunch of females.  Just make sure you have a couple females, if you only have one, she might become subject to constant harrassment by the male.