Betta breeding

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
yes thats the method i read about when i had them. turns out not even my micro worms interested my fry so I saw no use trying vinegar ones if they fry wont eat worm things lol.
If my breeding male didnt jump out of his recovery tank I could probably have eventually gotten fry that did eat and would have grown to be great bettas, but it didnt work out :(

infusoria is probably their first food. i wonder how FW rotifers fit into their diet. i think the rotifers might be a good source for first food too, but I have no idea how to collect them from my culture lol. i dont even know how to check for them in my culture w/o a microscope haha.

Oct 15, 2010
I was finally able to get brine shrimp eggs at my lfs. I am having a bit of trouble getting them out of the container, and feeding them to the fry. I do have a turkey baster, and a brine shrimp net, but the shrimp are falling through the net. I do not want to suck them up, and put them in the tank right away, because the water the shrimp are in has salt in it, and I need to rinse them. The eggs are san fransisco bay brand, and I have read that they are smaller than the normal brine shrimp eggs. This has become a problem, and I am having trouble feeding them safely to my betta fry. What can I do?

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
he smaller the brine nauplius the better. means smaller betta fry can get them. use a syringe to fish them out. search online for techniques on how to separate them from their SW.