Betta and Mollies

Oct 22, 2002
I just put an adopted Betta in my six gallon Eclipse and I was going to add some Orange Mollies in a couple weeks. Does this sound like it will work. Or do you think it is too small of a tank for them to live together peacfully?

adamj

Large Fish
Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
i think it could work, but without the orange mollies. Remember betas do have the agressive side, BUT you have to consider the colour of the mollies :) The beta might freak out at the bright colours. Might want to try a less colourful small fast fish. Just my opinion :)

Doomhed

Large Fish
Feb 11, 2003
Rhode Island
Visit site
it is BETTA adamj.
and yes, try some smaller and/or less colorful fish. if you have t have color, a pair of platies would be fine, as they are tough enough to escape a betta and not aggressive enough to go after his fins.

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
Yes, only add 4 mollies at the most. The male betta should not be agressive to any other fish other than another betta. So you don't have to worry too much about that. Hiding places are a good idea, just incase the male is in the mood to fight. I personally have to say, don't worry about fighting, but each fish is different.

Alexa