Best place for holes in marine aquarium!

Hi,
Need to know the best place for the hole in a marine 600gallons fish tank!

The complete system will be under the tank.

will connect two Nu-Clear 533 Canisters filters and will pass to two CPR SYS 3000 wet/dry filters, then will return to the tank.

Some one told me the best place is close to the top so there is not much water pressure flowing to the filters, other told me the best place is below close to the bottom like 3" over the sand level so will be better to suck all the crap from the tank.

Please need your opinion!

Thanks all for the help!

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
It safest to have them toward the top in case of a leak or break in a line or hose. If you have internal overflows then in the bottom of those is fine. I like to have the holes drilled in the top part for the return and supply for safety reasons. For circulation of the bottom you should use circulation pumps for this so you dont have dead spots.

It safest to have them toward the top in case of a leak or break in a line or hose. If you have internal overflows then in the bottom of those is fine. I like to have the holes drilled in the top part for the return and supply for safety reasons. For circulation of the bottom you should use circulation pumps for this so you dont have dead spots.
OK! I will put it in the top of the tank, how many inches below the surface will be good? 2"? 3"?

Thanks for the info!

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
Its really up to the bulkhead size. Most advise says to not make the bulkhead hole closer then 2" from any edge or something along those lines. You might want to research that. I have not drilled a tank in over a decade and dont recall for sure. Right now my tanks run a CSS overflow and are not drilled.

Its really up to the bulkhead size. Most advise says to not make the bulkhead hole closer then 2" from any edge or something along those lines. You might want to research that. I have not drilled a tank in over a decade and dont recall for sure. Right now my tanks run a CSS overflow and are not drilled.
perfect! thanks for the info Sr!
Also I wll put a new Thread about acrylic scratches, do you have all ready one in the forum?

thanks KcMopar!