Bacterial then Ich

Apr 11, 2014
I recently added 5 balloon bellied mollies to my 55 gallon well establish fish tank. I checked the water before I added them and the results were all normal and safe. Two days after I added the fish I noticed that one molly had died. The next two more, one molly and an old cherry barb. That day I noticed red gills, A fuzzy white patch on the back fins and cloudy eyes. Some fish even had one bulging eye. I looked up the symptoms and they presented as a bacterial infection so I treated them with T.C. Tetracycline. After a day some of the symptoms decreased somewhat so I thought we were in the clear. I continued to replace water and med as suggested. However the bacterial infection has now presented itself as ich and two more fish just died. I am at a loss on how I should correctly treat the ich. Is it ok to mix two different types of medication? Are there side effects dangerous? Should I scoop out all the fish and put them in a 10 gallon quarantine tank and add the ich medicine? I dont want more dead fish.