Baby Blue Gourami

Oct 22, 2002
I just bread blue gouramis and was wondering if anyone has raised their babies before. I know that I can use infusira but I don't have any right now. So I took krill, water fleas, blood worms, flake, and algae pellets, and crushed them into a dust that I can blow out of my hand. Right now I'm wondering if this is all ok. If you have any better ideas please tell me the babies are 5 days old. :)

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
I used finely crushed flakes for mine but, that didn't seem to work but, i try to use paramecium if i can grow or find it until they are big enough for bbs :)
                                      Later,
                                            daniel

Oct 22, 2002
Ok all the babies except one died. I don't know why they were almost three weeks old and they all seemed to have passed away. :( Not long ago I added less then half a gallon of water that was the temp of the aquarium. The next morning I could find no babies. They could not have all died because of the labyrinth because I have the top well covered and when I open it to feed them it's like walking into a jungle. Why did all my babies die. :'(

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I would guess that most of them might have been eaten by another fish, likely the gourami.  If the eggs are infertile the male or female will do this.  If there are other fishes in the tank, it will eat it also.
So you didn't find any dead frys floating around?  Well I guess if they were dead, they would have been food for other fishes anyways.

Oct 22, 2002
impossible for the eggs to be infertile. I have read a ton on gouramis. Yes I know they will turn white. I removed the female and I breed these seperatly in their own tank. The eggs were clear and after a few days I checked the nest and there were so many small fry.