Arowana's

Rush07

Large Fish
Mar 1, 2006
Oneida, NY
Are there a type of Arowana that will stay small enough to keep in a 110 (60 in. X 18 in.) gallon tank? I don't think there is but thought I would check.

Ronin

Medium Fish
Jan 27, 2006
Toronto, Canada
www.recdir.com
Hey, if my lfs can keep a 2 foot arawana in a 50 gal for 2 months , u can hold one in a 110 gal.
Mind you, if u buy a baby (3-4inches) it takes them a very long time to reach their mature length.

Last edited:

Rush07

Large Fish
Mar 1, 2006
Oneida, NY
Thats a good point. He would be going into a 110 with 2 Dempseys and I may end up with the same problem as they will probably grow faster as well. Thanks for the info.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I would definitely not put one with a JD, let alone two. Aro's are not aggressive fish. They will eat a lot, their mouths open REALLY wide and they'll eat any smaller fish in the tank...but that doesn't mean they're aggressive. Whether the JD's are 8 inches and the Aro is 10 inches, or who grows faster, really doesn't matter because I think the JDs would terrorize it. You dont want to spend money (a LOT of money in some cases) on a fish that your current fish will just eat.

Rush07

Large Fish
Mar 1, 2006
Oneida, NY
Thanks for the input. I agree that I don't want to do this and am glad the thread went that direction. Any suggestion for the top strata of the tank? The JD's, Pike and Royal all stay near the bottom. When I move them into the 110, I want to add something, but nothing else on the bottom.