Arowana??

Koji

New Fish
Mar 29, 2005
Singapore
Jeanna said:
Hey, I have one too, he's about 16-18" also. I just got done putting him in his new 120gal. last night. Wow, what a job. But he's really happy now. Great fish!!!!!
They sure put on a good fight before they will go to the new tank.;):D

Jeanna

Large Fish
Jul 15, 2004
Visit site
He was definitly freaking out. My husband used a pillow case to catch and trasfer him. When he got into the tank, he was so freaked, he was bumping into the walls of the tank. I felt bad, but after a couple hours, he calmed down, and is very, very happy. He used to be in a 65gal. So, he's a happy camper ;-) Until............... (hoping the 120gal will be good for him for a long time.
Jeanna

Koji

New Fish
Mar 29, 2005
Singapore
Jeanna said:
He was definitly freaking out. My husband used a pillow case to catch and trasfer him. When he got into the tank, he was so freaked, he was bumping into the walls of the tank. I felt bad, but after a couple hours, he calmed down, and is very, very happy. He used to be in a 65gal. So, he's a happy camper ;-) Until............... (hoping the 120gal will be good for him for a long time.
Jeanna
That's always the case when doing transferring of arowana. Just lower the water level and use a big plastic bag for the transfer. it'll be easier and safer.;)

zombiegrrll

Medium Fish
Apr 26, 2005
nj usa
have a silver arowana, just got about a month ago hes a picky eater any suggestions. he was eating wax worms everyday but i was told it is too much protein and it was the reason for its fin problems , wont eat floating anything pellets, tried chicken chicken fat nope not that eather, tried beef heart wont go near it. eats a rosey here and there, eats bloodworms when they float at the top, oh and do you know you must if salt in the water is ok with it.