Apple Snail

SANND

Large Fish
Jul 20, 2005
Washington, DC
I have a gold apple snail in a 5 gallon tank with a betta and plants. My problem was that the water is soft and so the snails shell was growing in thin and pale, almost white. I've been adding women's calcium chews with vit's k & d added for about a month now. Great news, the new shell growth is nice and gold and looks like the shell did when I first bought it. Even the plant sems to be doing better but that's prolly a coincidence. :)

I'm not sure if the snail is eating the peices of chew that I drop in or not. I've seen it hovering around it tho and there's never any just sitting around to be cleaned up.

Just thought I'd share my success (so far) story. :)

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
How much of the chew have you been dropping in and how often? I forget which brand you said you were using earlier when we were talking about it, Same brand I have I think, only I have a caramel flavored kind...what kind are you using?

Very interesting....I think I remember you starting a thread up about this awhile ago didn't you?

SANND

Large Fish
Jul 20, 2005
Washington, DC
I'm using Viactiv. I just pinch off about a dime size peice and drop it in a couple times a week. I'm pretty sure Gary eats it now. I'm using strawberry because if I get the caramel or the chocolate I'll eat the entire package in a day. :">

I started a thread asking about putting childrens vitamins in the water but they have copper in them so I stopped cuz I wasn't sure it was safe for Gary.