Almost another newbie here

sjogren1

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania, USA
Just another small fish looking to swim with the big fishies. Have some prior experience (all not bad) and hope to increase my knowledge and joy. Will be contributing as often as possible. Good to be here. Thanks.  :)

sjogren1

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania, USA
Thanks tabby360, and everyone here! This is a great place to be! I've already received major assistance regarding concerns I had about Titanium Grounding Probes (and learned alot about Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters). I'm dead impressed. Will be here often.  *thumbsupsmiley*

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Yeah he is picky. ::) jk *twirlysmiley*

Welcome sjogren1. Hope to be of some assistance. I have had a little down time because of school. Busy busy busy. Oh well I get on here occasionally. Glad to see you around.  *thumbsupsmiley* *celebratesmiley*

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
With transfering my 29 planted to a 55 planted..the barbs didn't fit into my plans(they tear at my plants) So I gave them for credit to my LFS. He said these are awesome...They were scared colorlous however....but they were still MY prized Barbs. *thumbsupsmiley*

Hope my internet connection doesn't go down..but if it is...I will talk to you all ASAP.

R

ronrca

I know the feeling RubyBarb. I had to take my beautiful barbs to my lfs because my rams were ready to breed. Of course, I didnot have another tank. O well, maybe I'll get some later again.

Shari

New Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Hi, I am really a newbie...I do not have a tank or anything but am an "island girl" and love the ocean and tropical fish...I am dreaming of a saltwater tank but want it to look like the ones in the "doctors" offices or Wyland Museums in Hawaii...Are they really really hard to keep?  I have heard they are hard to keep alive, etc...I was in a fish store tonight and met a couple who seemed very nice and have a tank to sell with all the equipment..he has two, one saltwater and one freshwater and is more interested in the freshwater so is wanting to sell the saltwater...is this a safe way to start?  He is willing to help me set it up and get me started and be a mentor through my learning process...what do you all think?? Help? :-/Shari

dattack

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Hello,
It's a good offer that they will help you through the learning process. Just hope they know what they are teaching you though.  But you can give us info on the tank size, lighting, skimmer, live rock that they might be selling you and we can help you make sure you have a good deal or not.  
As you already know, it's might cost you a bundle to have a nice tank, especially a reef tank.  A fish only tank might cost you considerably less.  Just bare in mind for any fish tank, you got to have some kind of commitment otherwise things will go down hill fast.  *laughingcryingsmiley*
I think the best thing you can do for any hobby is to read what you are getting into before you buy.  It will save you a lot of time and money.  http://saltaquarium.about.com/mbody.htm