About Air Pump!

bubble709

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I need a air pump for my new 10gal tank. I'm looking for a air pump that will be quiet. I have checked out websites, and most of them say that rena air pump is very quiet, and when i went to the store to check it out, the price is pretty high like $40. So any suggestions on any air pump that is cheaper, but still have the high quality that i'm looking for? Maybe around a price of $10 to $20, that's still fairly quiet?

Oct 22, 2002
I haven't bought anything like that in 15 years. I pulled out my old whisper awhile ago. It needed a new diaphram assembly which was $15.00 Canadain.

Have you checked out the equipment area on this site? The whisper I bought a long time ago is quiet. Can you plug the pump in at the store and listen to it there? Usually the store doesn't mind as long as you don't trash the box it came in. Talk to the LFS people and see what they recommend. Look into a return policy too. Ask them if it's too noisey can you bring it back and exchange it.

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
Renas are quiet. Whispers(I have a few) My whispers are not quiet after hearing the rena, but mine are older, not the new "ultra quiet whisper"

Good suggestion to go here them at a LFS.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
There are so many brands of air pumps out there that it's hard to name one specific brand and find it. I think you should ask them to let you hear it (if they can) and if they can't then take it home and if you don't like it return it for a refund. But remeber before you do that to make sure they have a return policy and then try it. Good luck. ;D