7 1inch PBpiranhas tanks size?

Feb 27, 2005
im getting 1 inch red belly pirhanas 7 of them but i dont want to put them in to the 55 gallon tank yet im afraid that the filer and stuff might put to much stress on the baby fishes would u recomend puttin them in a small tank such as a 10 gal?

JeLeAk

Large Fish
Jan 4, 2005
Alaska
naw, i would put em in the 55

why exactly dont you want to put them in the 55 gallon?

you also know they wont be able to live in the 55 gallon for their whole lives right?

you will prob be able to keep in there for a couple of years no problem tho

Dec 25, 2004
Visit site
Ive seen those fish in the wild they dont seem like they would be afraid of current. I'd put them in the 55 till you find a big 120-150 gallon tank. I dont know how big a tank youll need for 7 full grown fish of that type but I would think pretty big.

Feb 27, 2005
im buying the fish of a guy i know his dad owns a fish store he said that putting them in a 55 gallon tank would put alot of stress on thembecause there so small ???
but i do know that the 55 gallon wont hold them when they get full grown im planning on geting a 120-150gal tank later on but the piranhas sould be alright in the 55 right???

gettign all 7 for 60$ and hes going to throw in a 55 gal filter heater all i need is the tank which i found realy cheap ones

zane1

New Fish
Mar 20, 2005
that is a good deal, the tank wont put stress on them. They like the water warm and flowing. they also like it dark(like the amazon) b/c they have special sensiors that run through the sides of there boddies to detect struggling food, so dont worry about hood lights. they will school together and you will have fun with them. Just remember to take good care of them while there little and they will be great pets.