55gal Update

tlfphoto

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I got more plants! I think it's comming along nicely.
Specs.
55gal
Filter: Emperor 400, DOUBLEHELIX ULTRAVIOLET STERILIZER- 9 WATT with 126gph power head.
Lighting: two 48" 40watt Gro Lux & two 48" 40watt 6,500K.
Substrate: 2 1/2" of medium sand blasting sand.
Temp: 76
Plant's: Swords, 2 banana plants, aponogetons, hygro & a couple other one I dont remember names of.
Fishes: Mollies, Swordtails, Platies, 2 Black skirt Tetras, & 1 Algae Eater 2 Aussy Rainbows. (lots of mollies & swordtails).
Decor: Driftwood and river rock
Thats about it.
There will be lots more plants added soon now that the green water is gone.
All plant food, water conditioners, salt, & buffers are all Sea Chem products. Sea Chem is the best stuff ever!
Hope you like my tank!

Attachments

SLO-Dean

Large Fish
Jan 27, 2003
SLO, CA
Visit site
looks great!
Love the landscape and the large rocks.

If you're looking to add more plants, I've gotten some good stuff from aquaticplantdepot.com their prices are resonable and the plants are in much better condition than those at my lfs. plus they don't kill you with the shipping. They ship from the opposite coast (Fla. to Ca.) and I've always gotten everything in good condition.

Feb 17, 2003
california 626 area
Visit site
very nice.
does it stress the fish when u use bright lights like that and how long do you leave ur lights on?

how much does it cost for those lights? where did u get them also?

sorry for so many questions, just curious because i have one flourescent blue light. i want white bright lights. maybe home depot? just need to build something to turn the lights on and hold them any suggestions???