30 gallon long

FWSWBW

Medium Fish
Nov 19, 2006
tennessee
Hello! Please let me know what you think good or bad...I have lots of corals. I also have a 15 gallon & 58 gallon is cycling, it will be a FOWLR, I haven't figured out what kinds of fish I'm going to do with that one.
<P>
<P>
<P>
15 gallon tall

Last edited:

FWSWBW

Medium Fish
Nov 19, 2006
tennessee
Ok..what would you like to see? I have a great shot of "The Monster" pink serpent starfish..I hand feed everything in the tank and he will literaly wrap his whole body around my hand to get food. I have some interesting shots of alot of stuff..I love close-ups. Here he is stalking, he's out alot during the day, he is such a pig!
<P>Hows this for close up.<P>
<P>I like this one.<P>
<P>and more..<P>
<P>
<P>

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
wow all i have to say is that 30 gallon is a stunning tank!!!! i like the 15 but its lacking height in the rockwork, but your 30 is amazing!!!! i love all the colors of the corals and your hermits are really cute too!

FWSWBW

Medium Fish
Nov 19, 2006
tennessee
saltwater4life..they are near a feather duster and a Orange ric mushroom...thanks for the comment.
Fishckabibble..thank you it took me a while to accumulate everything..it is now complete. Yea the 15 gallon is sort of thrown together type of tank..although it is older than the 30 gallon. The blue damsels like the "space" to swim..so thats why no height. I'm thinking of making it out of a seahorse tank. I used to have one but sold them and took the tank down to make room for the 58 gallon, I think it would make a good one.
Flowerkid I have 2 O. clowns, 1 blue chromis, 1 saddleback blenny, 2 harliquin serpent stars, 1 fancy brittle star, 1 pink serpent star, 1 goldband shrimp, bunch of hermits, bunch of turbo snails, bunch of emeralds & Red Mithrax Crabs..(and 1 new baby!), 1 seahare. I believe in a large clean up crew. They really do a good job, but I have to super glue everything down..especially the crabs, they like tearing things apart to get to the good stuff! Thanks to all for the nice comments.:)

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Very nice tanks!

I see you have a few Flower Anemone's if I am correct. I just got ride of mine a few weeks ago as it was getting to big for my tank... I got $15. at my LFS not bad considering it was a free hitchhicker.

Few questions about your tank:
1) how long has the 30g been running
2) what is your equipment specs on the 30g

FWSWBW

Medium Fish
Nov 19, 2006
tennessee
burtoncb47 said:
that "monster" is ginourmous lol i like ur tanks a lot!!!
how big is that sea star??
What is ginourmous mean? My seastar was about 3"..he has split and I haven't seen him since. I'm guessing he is under a rock somewhere, along with his other half. It split a month ago and wobbled around for about 3 weeks..as did his other half..it was kind of creepy to watch, then they both disappeared. So I'm wondering where or what happened to him/them. If I never see him again I guess I'll know..lol. They are very sensitive to water conditions, although I keep mine pretty much on the money, you just can't be perfect with this hobby and these are very hard to keep. He was a hitcher, so I had no choice. *twirlysmi

FWSWBW

Medium Fish
Nov 19, 2006
tennessee
SALTY WATERS said:
Very nice tanks!

I see you have a few Flower Anemone's if I am correct. I just got ride of mine a few weeks ago as it was getting to big for my tank... I got $15. at my LFS not bad considering it was a free hitchhicker.

Few questions about your tank:
1) how long has the 30g been running
2) what is your equipment specs on the 30g
I have had this tank running for about 6 months or so, the occupants were in a smaller tank for a little less than a year, I wanted more corals so went to a larger tank. I have a HOB filter with bio wheel rated for 50 gallon tank, I use reg. carbon filters, Jebo PS for 75 gallons, couple of powerheads. 40 lbs of LR and about 2" of LS, I use Mangroves and macro algae, directly in tank. 1 96 watt & 1 110 watt pc. My 58 gallon has a sump, and refrigum which I like..I would have liked to do a refrigum with this tank but I just didn't know how at the time..know I do and I just might convert it someday, but if it ain't broken don't fix it in my opinion. Yea I love my flowers, I have 3 in that tank and 1 in the 15. They are the easiest to keep together and I have had mine for about 18 months..plus the kids like to feed them, I may move them someday and get an anemone that my clowns will host, we will see.

FWSWBW

Medium Fish
Nov 19, 2006
tennessee
burtoncb47 said:
no i just meant it was big but i think it was just a really nice close up!! :D
ginourmous is just my word for huge!! i like it lol
Ok cool, I thought it was something like that but wasn't sure..it kinda sounds like the proper scientific name for a species lol. glad you like him, he is one of my favorites.

FWSWBW

Medium Fish
Nov 19, 2006
tennessee
Mushroomman said:
Neat little assortment of corals you got there, nice job. How long have you had the gorgonians?
Thank you..it was a job collecting everthing..and a lot of $$. I wanted a more natural look to the tank and as with all newer aquariums it looked "placed" for a long time, it is just now that I'm pretty much happy with it. I have several types..some are the encrusting kind, those i have had for over a year and they do creep! The big one in the back had him for about 6 months and he is sending out new branches at the bottom. The one on the right, small red/orange about 4 months and the purple one in the middle is about the same. I would like to get some more, maybe a yellow with red..those are really nice and some more purple frilly. My big thing is mushrooms, by your name I can tell we would get along just fine. I love them and I try to get some interesting color varieties and you just can't go wrong with them, beginer and advanced alike. Here is a shot I know you will enjoy..he was my first Big hairy mushroom.

here is the encrusting G's with a couple of rics

This color combo is my favorite, I've moved them since