30 Gallon Brackish Aquarium

Feb 23, 2003
Naples Fl.
www.millevolte.com
30 GALLON PLANTED BRACKISH AQUARIUM

30 GALLON PLANTED BRACKISH WATER AQUARIUM

FISH STOCK: Five Dollar Sunfish, Four Blue Spotted Sunfish, Five American-Flag Fish, Eight Golden Top Minnows, Eight Blue Fin Killifish, Four Swamp Darters, One Crested Goby, Two small Plecos. All fish except Plecos collected from the Florida Everglades.

AQUATIC PLANTS: All plants collected in the Everglades, I have yet to identify them.

SUBSTRATE: Crushed fossilized coral and ancient seabed collected from the Everglades. Substrate is heavy in iron and has a beautiful golden hue.

LIGHTING: Two GE Aqua Glow 15 watt fluorescent tubes hung from ceiling.

HOOD: Framed removable plastic screen.

FILTRATION: One rifled Aqua Clear 200, One Wisper air pump with two airstones. Frequent water changes with local well water. The water in this aquarium has been crystal clear since its creation.

COMMENTS: This is one of several of my aquariums, the largest being a 55 Galllon tank. This tank is my favorite. The water is on the low end of the brackish scale. I strived to create an underwater habitat that duplicates the species' natural environment. There are several types of aquatic insects, snails, clams, shrimp and crayfish scattered throghout the tank. This is a great community tank and all the fish get along quite well. Rarely do any of the fish suffer even the slightest fin damage. All the fish species' colors have developed exceptionally. The fish get a wide variety of food including dried red mosquito larva, ghost shrimp, live brine shrimp, snails, and crawfish.

DATE OF CREATION: 8/28/02

DATE OF PHOTOGRAPHS: 2/23/03

Go to http://www.millevolte.com/aquarium1.html for more pictures.