30 gallon African Cichlid Tank

SoulFish

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Florida
www.rainbowaquatics.com
well the tank is definately over crowded, id be looking strongly into getting a 55gal ASAP, it doesnt seem like you have enough filration either, what size filter is that? Other then those its a fairly nice tank, could really use a minimum of a 55gal tank for those fish

JDiddy4981

Large Fish
Jun 2, 2003
St Louis
Visit site
Ok I thought about it and I am gonna go w/ a 55 gallon tank. But how would I do it. Taking 30gal. of filtered water and adding 25gal. of tap water????? won't my biological filtration be messed with??? Please help... I wanna do this ASAP. Thanks!!!!:confused:

SoulFish

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Florida
www.rainbowaquatics.com
just put all your fish in a bucket, stick the filters on this bucket running with the water, also put decorations in another bucket, add new gravel, add old gravel, put decorations back in, poor in water, poor in last of water with fish, put filters on it, add the rest of the water, done, ive done this before never had a problem, youll fish will thank you for it

Oct 22, 2002
defiantly needs a background, I HIGHLY recommend painting the back black or some other color....those flimsy paper picture things SUCK!

also looks like you need more hiding places for your fish.
I recently have started adding dead reef rock to my fish tanks.
You can get 50lbs for about 30$ on ebay, and talk the guy down if you want less/more it looks AWESOME in my tank! I had big reservations at first but figured what the heck...I'm soooo glad I did!
the fish love it and there are soooo many holes and crevices for them to play in, I'm definatly gonnna be adding more

SLO-Dean

Large Fish
Jan 27, 2003
SLO, CA
Visit site
Tank looks great, love the rocks
Fish look great too.

Background, yes, that might show off the fish better, I just painted the back of my tank black (It's fairly permanent and I can always, razor blade it off, if I tear down the tank.) easier to do before tank is up, I personally don't like the picture backgrounds, just a solid color.