Red wag struggling

kero

New Fish
Sep 1, 2016
Hi all,
I have a 5 gallon tank with one red wag and marygold platies. I am fairly a beginner so when i got the tank i added the fish right away. However, they survived. I strictly change 20 to 30 percent of the water every day or every other day at the latest.
My red wag female got prego and now i have a new baby 10 days old.
However the last 24 hours my very active always hungry red wag is moving rather slow and only when disturbed. It is not eating. color remained the same but there may be some dark shades near the head (not sure if this is anything new).
I went to petsmart to test my water and it was all good except a little low pH around 6.2
I added pH increase and tested and now the pH is around 7.2
What shall I do. I am really trying to keep her around. I have not changed any of my conditioners or water source. I use stress zyme regularly as well as api quick start and i have an external power filter.

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
hey kero, welcome to MFT!
i would cut back on the water changes. 20-30% is alot specially on a smaller 5 gallon tank.
the water changes could be stressing them out.
it could be recovering from giving birth. just give it some time and leave her be so if she's stressed, you're not adding to it.

keep us updated!