Plecos eating mollies?

Hanna87

Medium Fish
Mar 21, 2011
Iowa
I have a 4 to 5 inch pleco in my 55 gallon with mollies. I've heard other people talk about their pleco eating their other fish. Just wondering if its true? Reason being is because I've had mollies go missing. No bodies what so ever. Ive seached everywhere.

Hanna87

Medium Fish
Mar 21, 2011
Iowa
Well when i throw a algae pellet in for him my mollies go nuts and destroy it before he can even find it. Is there anything else I can give him or try? I thought that there was enough algae in the tank for him but maybe im wrong.
I also have a sailfin in my 75 gallon. Hes about 10 inches. He keeps the tank pretty clean but he also gets algae pellets and has no problem finding them. I can almost
feed him by hand. I think that the pleco in my 55 is also a sailfin but I'm not quite positive on that.
The thing with the fish that went missing is that she was only about 6 months old. I was planning on breeding her. She was gorgeous. Makes me sad.

Hanna87

Medium Fish
Mar 21, 2011
Iowa
I have 2 plecos. One in my cichlid tank, and one in my mollie tank.

BLTV I'm not sure how you keep your fish but I dont keep mollies and cichlids together. Just saying.

Lauraf- Thank you. I forgot about being able to feed veggies to plecos. I will definitely try it.