Photographing fish

When photographing tanks it is best to angle the camera to the tank slightly, this avoids bounce back of the flash, if you want to get complicated then you will have to set up remote flash units above and to the side.
I find the best results are obtained by taking your snaps with the room in total darkness, with just the tank lights on and no flash, this works very well when using digital. 8)

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
lol. My problem is my dig camera sucks.

It wont take close ups, and my fish blur. The best camera are manual for up close pics. I read that they put the lense(with a guard) right at the glass. I wish I could get one.

BTW..I have a ton of fuzzy pics on my hardrive just have to get an account and upload them.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
[glow=Orange,strength,width]What do you think I'm taliking about? Just use your imagination. All you have to know is it involves a camera and the dark! Well it's pictures of my tanks! Hahahaha. I should have caught that first! Franky what's ROFLMAO mean? Just curious. I'm sorry I know this isn't that kinda message board but i just couldn't help myself! Bad me, bad me, bad me, bad me,......[/glow]

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
If you use an old/new SLR, you can adjust the shutter speed (so you don't have a blurry mess) and focus it as close as you like. This can be used without the flash in a lit up room, they still turn out great. If you have a tall lamp, you can use this for some really cool "arty" types of pics.
Clothahump's idea of angling the shot is good for using a flash with this camera too. when you develope pics from an SLR, matt paper works best.
anyways, just a suggestion! :)

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
;) hehe I have some like that hanging around. My wife wanted me to take a quick pic of my one cat sleeping funny with her tongue hanging out, all I see in the pic is a black spot(my couch is dark,my cat is black, and I didn't have the flash on...duhh.)