Neon tetra babies

Apr 30, 2003
New Zealand
Visit site
what do they look like? neons like all tetra babies when born will like little slivers of glass hanging on to the side of the tank or plants. when they get bigger they look like newborn guppies and then start to get their colours and shapes after a while. congrats if they are neon babies!

LynnieGTI

Small Fish
Jun 15, 2003
MA
www.alifeloveregret.com
Thanks for all your help you guys are great. Its weird because my other fish had babies and they actually look like baby fish so I got a breeding net to put in the tank and I put the babies in there then 3 days later I see these other things swimming around in there I have no Idea how they got there but there are two baby Neon tetra. I guess all my fish wanted to have babies at the same time.
So should I feed them anything special? I have been breaking up the regular fish food and they seem to be doing ok? Any suggestions?? Thanks again everyone!
:D

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
If they're doing fine, keep doing it. You can buy extra fine fry foods, they're quite good for really small fry.
Congratualtions, sounds like your fish are doing good.

Luca

Large Fish
Jun 9, 2003
Middle Earth (New Zealand)
Visit site
Yo yo, well done Lynnie! Fish do seem to breed at all the same time for some reason, my lemons bred (and still are quite regularly) and then my glowlights started to! i think i need to get some neons, however the other fish eat all the eggs and they don't get a chance to survive!

Luca.

Sep 29, 2012
what do they look like? neons like all tetra babies when born will like little slivers of glass hanging on to the side of the tank or plants. when they get bigger they look like newborn guppies and then start to get their colours and shapes after a while. congrats if they are neon babies!
i bought two neons from the pet store , not knowing one was a male and one was a female. i noticed one was swimming funny and was really fat. didn't think nothing of it. i looked in my tank today and noticed little dust like particals floating in my tank, so i looked closer and theres like a hundred little babies. wow, wasn't edspecting that. so now what do i do. i know i need to take the male and female out. but how do i feed them ??? help someone.

Luca

Large Fish
Jun 9, 2003
Middle Earth (New Zealand)
Visit site
firstly.. WOW.. this thread is 9 years old! and i haven't posted since then! haha... funny. [and just wrote a big msg then hit 'reply to thread' not realising i was spose to hit 'post quick reply' and lost the whole thing, ugh!] congrats on the fry that's wicked. the best thing to feed them is greenwater/infusoria (google it) or an easier way is to feed them JBL novo tom powder, just mix a pinch in a jar first then add it in every other day. the ideal is a combination of both. the 'juice'/liquid from a microworm mix can be added also. you want to have a cycled sponge filter going and do 10% daily water changes or every other day with fresh aged water, then you can't go wrong. how big is the tank? remove the parents too or they will eat them

ps funnily enough i'm going to try breeding them soon too :)