Welcome to MyFishTank.Net!

Have A Question? Join our awesome community today and it's free!

Need help identifying snail species

Discussion in 'FreshWater Beginner Information/Questions' started by Rakashel, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Rakashel

Rakashel New Fish

I was at my LFS yesterday and picked up two new snails. The guy working there told me they were nerite snails and that I they could be transitioned from the saltwater thank they were in to the freshwater tank I was planning on putting them in to. I added a small amount of fresh water to container I was keeping them in and then repeated this process 20 minutes later. After putting them in to my tank they have yet to move. I have three questions and would greatly appreciate any kind of help in finding an answer to this.

A) Am I freaking out over nothing and they're just adjusting to their new home?
    B) Did I kill them by trying to adjust them to fresh water
    C) Are they even Nerite snails? Unidentified snails.jpeg

Thank you for your time and help with this.

2. FreshyFresh

FreshyFresh Superstar Fish

Wish I could help! I have not seen this type of snail in the freshwater realm. I've got lots of Malaysian trumpet snails and have had lots of mystery snails in the past.

3. big54bob

big54bob Superstar Fish

Well for one your lfs guy is an idiot. Only the smooth shell nerites are freshwater compatable. I would remove them and if you can return them for a refund.

4. SantaMonicaHelp

SantaMonicaHelp Medium Fish

Hi Rakashel,

These two snails looks so cute;)
    Will they be bigger or the same size?

Zhenya

Want To Reply or Ask A Question?
Join our forum today (it's free!) in one easy step! Click Here To Join!