Kuhlis still not eating or moving that much after 3 days...

Amir

New Fish
Sep 15, 2016
So I bought 4 tiny Kuhli loaches from a pet store. They were perfectly healthy.

After getting them home, I put them in a small tank just for them (around the same size as the one they, according to the owner, spent their whole lives in at the pet store) with no substrate (again, they had none at the pet store).

I added some rocks and they hide behind them most of the time.

However, they don't eat what I feed them! I feed them sinking pellets and occasional pieces of carrot, but they still won't eat at all!

I also found one floating upside down! (He went back to normal after being tapped, though)

They spend all their time lying there. I keep the tank dark as much as I can since I know they are nocturnal but, while they do move a bit in the dark, they refuse to eat!

I'm super worried. Is it relocation stress still or are they just sick?

Dec 1, 2013
Relocaton IS stressful to fish. However, it should not be this stressful.

In my knowledge with kuhli, they are nocturnal which can be the reason as to why they do not move. I would highly suggest adding a soft substrate - sand or fine gravel. Kuhli love to dig. Also, driftwood would be fantastic as well. Hiding places are very important, if the tank is bare they probably free vulnerable and will not move much.

Also, how long has your tank been running? What are the dimensions? Have you checked your parameters, if so, what are they? What filtration are you using?