Welcome to MyFishTank.Net!

Have A Question? Join our awesome community today and it's free!

Aquarium noob with bubbles on inside of tank, is this normal?

Discussion in 'FreshWater Beginner Information/Questions' started by rolphie316, Feb 5, 2009.

1. rolphie316

rolphie316 New Fish

I just bought myself a 10 gallon beginners aquarium on a spur of the moment thing, i've set it up according to the manual and now the whole of the inside of the tank (gravel, decor and all over the inside of the glass) is covered in bubbles. firstly are they likely to be oxygen or nitrogen and is this normal when you turn on a filter for the first time and will they clear?

2. mistercoffee

mistercoffee Large Fish

I think it's normal, if I remember correctly that happened to my 10g when I set it up. I think mine took about a week to go away.

3. Lotus

Lotus Ultimate Fish

It's completely normal with a new tank. The bubbles should disappear in a few days.

4. Michaelh218

Michaelh218 Medium Fish

don't forget to cycle your tank before you put any fish in :)

5. rolphie316

rolphie316 New Fish

what does this mean?

total noob i know:p

6. MissFishy

MissFishy Superstar Fish

Check out the link in my signature or some of the stickies in the forums. Make sure to read up on cycling before you get any fish!

Want To Reply or Ask A Question?
Join our forum today (it's free!) in one easy step! Click Here To Join!