I have molly fry please help!

nobody

Large Fish
Sep 26, 2005
Utah
I feed all of my fry a food called First Bites by Hikari (I think that's the brand) very good, healthy food. My fry grow at a good fast rate and get their start getting their color earlier than I've heard others get theirs and my fry love it. My platy fry start coloring at about 2 weeks and my guppy fry at about a month, I don't know about the time for molly fry yet, but I hope to be knowing soon.

I wouldn't do the tetras. Usually if something eatable and tasty can fit in the adult fish's mouth it'll get eaten.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2006
Congrats on the molly fry! I just put the normal flakes in a plastic bag and crush it up that way. However, my fry have been dying rapidly, so today I took them out of the breeding net and put them into the big tank-maybe they'll do better with all of that room as long as they stay hidden from the other fish.

I've given it a name as it looks healthy. . . . Its name is Nemo.

Its a double meaning name actually. . .Nemo because, well the obvious Finding Nemo, it being the last survivor. . .

Also I will be naming it Nemo after one of my favorite Nightwish songs entitled "Nemo" which deals with finding one's true name.
The lyrics are as beautiful as it's melody I highly suggest it.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Njl9R0cLC4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Njl9R0cLC4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Nemo

This is me for forever
One of the lost ones
The one without a name
Without an honest heart as compass

This is me for forever
One without a name
These lines the last endeavor
To find the missing lifeline

Oh how I wish
For soothing rain
All I wish is to dream again
My loving heart
Lost in the dark
For hope I`d give my everything

My flower, withered between
The pages 2 and 3
The once and forever bloom gone with my sins

Walk the dark path
Sleep with angels
Call the past for help
Touch me with your love
And reveal to me my true name

Oh how I wish
For soothing rain
Oh how I wish to dream again
Once and for all
And all for once
Nemo my name forevermore
Oh, how I wish...

Nemo sailing home
Nemo letting go

Oh, how i wish...

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
that video rocked, so did the band.. is that a local band in your area because i have never heard of them. very cool, once my sister finishes her album i will be posting up some of her songs to share, she is only 17 but she is INCREDIBLE!

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!

Nemo is a little girl I still need to take a pic of her and I should do it soon as her coloring it somewhat bizzare and I have no idea what kind she is! Father is a Black High-Fin Molly and the mother is a Silver Molly . . however Nemo (at the moment I know it'll likely change) she has a silvery body with darker spots (dalmation???) but her head is like a peachy-orange (creamcicle???) Her tail still has no coloring but I don't think she's done developing yet cause I can't tell if she is actually a lyretail or not. . . its weird. . . . I have a mut!!!
Maybe I just can't tell yet . . . I may have to just wait a couple months before I can tell what she is. . .

As for the video. . . Nightwish is from . . . Norway??? I think??? check out www.nightwish.com they totally kick tail fin!!!!

BRANDX

Small Fish
May 4, 2006
Houston,TX
Need more help!!

My wife's tank has a black molly, with one fry! This tank is only three days old, so I assume this is a suprise from the pet store. Only one fry. Isn't that a small number? molly is about 2", don't know the age. Could she have already eaten some?

We took the fry out and put him in a glass, worried about his mother getting hungry:eek:
Trying to get a "net?" tomorrow or Monday. How long do we have to keep it isolated from the original tank? Can it ever go back to that tank?

I have to modify my signature to include this 5 gallon. 5g 1 neon tetra, 1 swordtail, 1 black molly, 1 hatchet silver weird little dude. 1 removed molly fry.