YoYo Loach a Predator?

Dec 5, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
For the last 4 nights, A guppy, in my community tank, has fallen victom to some unknown cause. The water parameters are great and they live with tetras, a clown pleco, some danios... and 3 yoyo loaches. Every morning I wake up, there is another guppy carcass being munched by the loaches. Today, I move the remaining guppys into thier own 10g tank. Does anyone know if yoyos are that agressive?

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Does anyone know if yoyos are that agressive?
Well, even though most species of fish can have their "moments" I've never had any trouble with my Yoyo's, they can chase quite a bit, but generally it seems more playful than mean, however the guppies could be stressed by that.

I noticed you didn't say what type of Tetras you have, but I have had trouble with both Danios & Tetras pestering my smaller fish in the past, so that's something else to consider too.

skratikans said:
is a yoyo loach the same as a dojo loach?
No, they are obviously both of the Loach family, but Dojo's are long and thick, think of a Cigar w/ whiskers & fins :p (I see you have 2 already, so you know what I mean)

And a Yoyo is the fish pictured in my avatar.

Dec 5, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
thanks

thanks for the replys, since I have moved the remaining guppys into thier own tank, I have only lost one. They are showing no signs of sickness. The tank was cycled, then I tore it down, but kept the substrate in a freezer bag with moisture. It was only about 3 days before I set it up again so maybe it is cycling again, I am keeping on the water changes and tests.
My Yoyo's do chase a lot also, but, more like a curious chase rather than aggressive. And I only have 3 zebra danios and they are about the size of my cardinal tetras, but I'll keep an eye on them