Yes! Finally! Succession! My guppies finally mated!

but due to exams....i didnt give em any attention and the PLANTS rescued 4 and the tiny gap to water heater and water oxygen flow thingy (DANGEROUS MECHANICAL AREA!!!!) saved 3. So now I'm happily stuck with 7 newly borns as I study for my exams for tomorow @ 12:30 midnight...I just might go crazy....lmao, JK!!!! fish are my life, cant get ride of my life!

revfred

Superstar Fish
Jun 21, 2003
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
If you can't get brine shrimp right away, hardboil and egg, take the yolk, "liquefy" it with some water, and put some in the area where they babies are ... Oh yeah! Congratulations.

You might want to invest in a V-type breeder that hangs in the inside of the tank ... get the kind where the water flows through. They aren't very expensive.

When the female gets big and dark, put her in there . . . when the babies are born, they drop through the slot in the V . . . mama stays on top so she can't eat the babies. This is a good set-up instead of watching the tank all the time.

Then you can take mama out, put her back in the main tank, take the V insert out and keep the kids in the breeder tank for a while until they get a bit bigger.

Last edited: