Worst Fish Advice Ever

discus4everGrl

Superstar Fish
May 24, 2005
Chesapeake, Va
Yeah, a saltwater tank is big bucks. I just started my first saltwater tank, a nano and the liverock alone is nuts, and I got a very good deal. Just to put live rock in a 100 gallon sw tank would cost over $600 at the clearance price that I got. And don't even get me started on lighting....but tbh it's been a cool experience so far.

Jul 27, 2016
The worst advice I ever got was from fishlore.com, dose this, dose that.
Only seemed like they were trying to get me to buy something and not really concerned with the health of my poor pets.
I'm just so discouraged since they got my whole tank killed and their moderators are so mean and bully people, I give up on this...:( I quit

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
The worst advice I ever got was from fishlore.com, dose this, dose that.
Only seemed like they were trying to get me to buy something and not really concerned with the health of my poor pets.
I'm just so discouraged since they got my whole tank killed and their moderators are so mean and bully people, I give up on this...:( I quit
dont' give up! fish keeping is suppose to be a fun thing to do! let us know how to help you get back into it!

Jul 4, 2016
Hello, I'm actually a member on fishlore, I can't say what happened and all because I don't know. But I have personally found them to be very helpful, and no offence to this forum or any other, but that they are more correct on most of the information given. Most of the time if somone gives bad information 2-3 people will jump on and correct them. But that's just my experience. Bad advice from a pet store? I did overhear someone saying that it's fine to use store water to cycle a tank...

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
Hello, I'm actually a member on fishlore, I can't say what happened and all because I don't know. But I have personally found them to be very helpful, and no offence to this forum or any other, but that they are more correct on most of the information given. Most of the time if somone gives bad information 2-3 people will jump on and correct them. But that's just my experience. Bad advice from a pet store? I did overhear someone saying that it's fine to use store water to cycle a tank...
no offence taken! the more people know and learn the more fun they'll have with this hobby and share their knowledge with others.