Woot!!

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
:)
Went to the local fish store today and they had Siamese Algae eaters!! Bought 6 of them for my up and comming Planted tank.I bought 15 ghost shrimp(for that tank) and They finally had some Java moss.
My planted tank will be a 29 gallon with 100% Flourite(what I am waiting for)with 80 watts of light(best I can do at the moment),DIY Co2, I got root tabs , Root tabs plus iron, Leaf zone fert, I have a Phos-zorb waiting to go(for silacate and phosphate).
My filter will be, dont laugh, an old skilter made by whisper with the chamber taken out. It has then a huge space for the Zorb and any media I like to add. The best thing about it..it has an air tube that goes right to the impellar, which I will attach the Co2 line to for some nice absorption(Adsorption?) into the water.
Stock will be so far.
4 to 6 SAE
4 Ottos
15 Ghost shrimp(cant find any other shrimp)
I debating if I want to add my Albino corries-8
I then have 6 neons and 8 albino black neons to add.
This will be pushing the limit on fish, so I might not add something.(like the cories or neons)

My 55 has become 3/4 planted now. It looks great. I didn't think I could find any SAE, so I have a false one, which I think I will add here..after quarenteen period is up.
  I am so happy I have like everything comming together. ;D

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
congrats! i'm slowly getting control of algae in my 29gallon. (110watts of light). mostly it's because i increased the amount of c02. guess the problem was that there wasn't enough c02 so i'm slowly increasing the amount and that seems to be taking care of it. still problems with hair algae so i was looking for some american flagfish to take care of that.

good luck with your tank. wish i could setup another tank!  ;D

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
well.i bought one a few weeks ago. turned out to be a CAE (chinese algae eater) it's not really doing much to the hair algae although it's stomach got REALLY REALLY BIG for awhile..and now it's back down to normal. thought it was pregnant at first. but there was only one.

my biggest problem is algae growing on my flourite. like you, i have 100% flourite.

Oct 22, 2002
I don't know about anyone else but i have had problems with the SAE and the CAE. When they grew larger they sucked on to the sides of my angel fish and killed them this did not make me very happy. :'( >:(

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
http://www.thekrib.com/Fish/Algae-Eaters/

Check out that link, it describes and shows you the differance between Siamese, false siamese, Chinese, and flying foxes.

My problem is I bought a flying fox. I also bought what I think is a false siamese, because my LFS never has them. Well they got them now my flying fox kinda looks like the new ones. I guess I have to wait and see ..the SAE all school together. The flying fox is in another tank, and the flase is with the SAE in a quarinteen tank. LOL..the flase was for sale as an Otto..yeah ok. np for a $1.25

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
[quote author=kitten link=board=freshwatergeneral&num=986332202&start=0#6 date=04/04/01 at 17:47:02]
May i ask what the word "WOOT" means? It's driving me crazy :)
[/quote]Me too! I don't get were that comes from myself either. Well anyways what does it all really mean?

Ryan ;D